November 3rd (Monday) - Our monthly meeting at First Baptist Church Taylor (FBC) from 9:30-11:30a.m. We will have a great time of visiting and being together as well as a video lesson on Being Honest by Shauna Niequest. If you have a chance please read "Courage to be Honest" on page 30 in your MOPS workbook. Don't worry if you aren't able to, it's ok, come anyway! Childcare is provided but please RSVP either on the Facebook Event, email, or text any of the Steering Team members to let us know if you will need it. We understand life is crazy and things can change quickly so just do your best to keep us informed so we can have plenty of MOPPETS workers to care for our little ones :)
7th (Friday) - Our monthly Play Date will be at FBC from
9:30-11:30a.m. We will be playing and crafting together with our
November 15th (Saturday) - Our monthly Moms'
Night Out! Time and location TBD. We will have a couple of different
options to choose from for this evening. We will take a vote at
Monday's meeting and decide what we would like to do.
17th (Monday) - Bible Study at FBC from 9:30-11:30a.m. We will
continue our study of King David through Jennie Allen's Chase, led by
our amazing Mentor Mom Judy Schroeder. If you need a workbook please
let one of the Steering Team or Judy Schroeder know and we will order
it, they are $10. Also, childcare is provided but please RSVP so we
make sure to have enough MOPPETS workers :)
we are keeping track of all of the events everyone attends and at the
end of the year (May 2015) whoever has the most "points" will win an
awesome prize, including an evening of free childcare!
October 29, 2013
This the the first post of our "15 things series" about your MOPS steering team members.
First up is Mrs. Jamie Reed. This year is Jamie's 3rd year on Steering Team. She has been a MOPS member for a number of years and has served MOPS as Hospitality Leader as well as Co-coordinator since the Fall of 2011. Jamie is currently our Coordinator for MOPS of Taylor for 2013-2014 & 2014-2015.
Here are 15 random things about her written by her.
- My favorite beverage is Dr. Pepper.
- My favorite dessert is Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- My favorite fast food place is Taco Bueno.
- I'm kind of an introvert.
- If I were to get food from a concession stand it would be nachos.
- My workout of choice is Zumba.
- I have two girls, age 7 and age 3.
- My husband and I will be celebrating our tenth wedding anniversary on January 4th.
- I'm a Stay-at-home Mom who doesn't enjoy crafting, cooking or cleaning which frequently makes me feel I should be doing something else. :-/
- Movie I've seen the most times: "You've Got Mail" or "Sweet Home Alabama".
- Biggest Mommy fail: potty training!!!
- One of my favorite things about being a mom is when my girls come lay in bed with me after we've gotten up in the morning.
- I love the beach at night.
- I hate cockroaches.
- I don't understand how someone could listen to the radio and not sing along.
Angela, one of our MOPPETS Leaders is up next in November, so stay tuned!!
at 11:38 AM